homestead - Re: [Homestead] Disappointed in Obama

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Disappointed in Obama
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:13:43 -0500

> I fail to see how getting oneself shot down and enduring prison
> qualifies one for the presidency.

I fail to see how this is in anyway disrespectful. The McCain campaign
likes to say they don't want to talk about his POW experience but drag it
out every time there is no real response to an argument.

One is constitutionally qualified for the presidency only by age and
citizenship. One should be qualified by education, experience, and decision
making. So far McCain fails in at least two of the above if not the third.

It is true that the next president may have little affect on things, the
careening the country is currently doing will be very difficult to control.
It is a situation made vastly more difficult by the administration of the
last 7 1/2 years and will be made only worse by a continuation of those
policies.

If this country elects McCain I will be forced to admit that the general
level of ignorance has reached new highs. Either that or we have become a
third world pretender complete with rigged elections.

Don Bowen KI6DIU