homestead - Re: [Homestead] Disappointed in Obama

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Disappointed in Obama
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:00:17 EDT

>I am puzzling how someone could be disappointed in someone they had
already rejected.

You shouldn't be. I'm four squre against Obama as well but I too am
disappointed at his choice. Here's why and why it is a consistent sentiment:

Everyone squawks how McCain will be four more years of the same policies as
if those
policies are what has landed the country in the state it is in. Fine. Let's
test that hypothesis by electing Obama's 'change for changing the changeful
changes' policies and then perhaps people will begin to see that whether it's
Bush's policies or Obama's policies, it's neither here nor there.

Now the whole ticket is watered down with a stogey old insider. IF Obama is
elected our economic and political reality will continue unabated, but now
the
Obamistas will say, 'Well, what did you expect, he has Biden, the
uber-insider!'

> He brings good balance to Obama's shorter political experience. I
> think the choice shows superior management abilities. Management is
> largely what the president does.

It shows politics as usual, which is what a president actually does.
</HTML>