homestead - [Homestead] Disappointed in Obama

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Disappointed in Obama
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:15:07 -0700 (PDT)

 I, for one, am very disappointed in Obama.  While I had already decided not
to vote for him, I still had hope that those who believed in the man were
right-that he did symbolize and would work for real change and do things
differently-look at problems with fresh eyes, etc.

If there is a Democratic fixture in Washington, Joe Biden is it.  He is in
his 6th Senate term. It is ironic to me that he is accepting the veep slot
now.  When Kerry wanted him as a backup, the thought none other than John
McCain was the right man for the job..lol...
McCain the maverick..lol...talk about change!  Four years ago the Democrats
were courting McCain and now they are squared off against him.  He was good
enough 4 years ago, but not now?? That's pretty fickle from the party, I
think.

I think this is Obama caving....and caving in the worst way possible.  I
can't see Biden bringing him additional votes...Biden does have the
experience on the foreign relations front, but this guy has supported the war
in Iraq and Afghanistan more in line with some Republican Bush followers..  I
personally don't care, but I know much of Obama's support base are from those
who are vehemently against the war.  What was he thinking?

For a change, he really, really should have chosen Hillary.  That would have
solved all of his problems, but he couldn't seem to get past his political
pride.  With her, he would get the experience and he would still be able to
tout change and a different way of thinking.  I would have taken him more
seriously, for sure.  Americans are ready for something different, and
Hillary fits the bill more than Joe.  Iowa knew that a long time ago..Biden
got less than 1% of the vote.  In 1972, Biden was already a Washington
insider.  In 1972, John McCain was inside the Hanoi Hilton.

Akka B