homestead - Re: [Homestead] Back in the saddle again

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Back in the saddle again
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:15:48 -0700 (PDT)

Either I missed some emails in the past 6 months to a year or my memory is
shot to hell, how long have you been a grandparent??. I know one is serving
our country??

If the baby is allergic to milk , wouldn't that be any milk? Soy milk is
terrible, but maybe a taste can be acquired from infancy. Is it a little boy
or girl? You shouldn't give soy milk to boys.

'sorry to hear about the missing chickens, but I love watching birds of prey.
If it was affordable, and I in your situation, I would buy an extra couple
of boxes of chicks and let them live wild, to keep the hawks satisfied.

If you ever get any good pics of birds of prey in action, please post them.
I have some large 19th century books with hand colored silver engravings and
others with color lithos and chromos of birds of prey (buried somewhere in
storage). Seeing the action live is far superior.

Are your fruit trees all full size or are some semi-dwarfs for easier
picking. I just bought a bunch of nectarines, the peaches I bought last week
were huge and beautiful, but after ripened , had no sweetness.

.... bobford