homestead - Re: [Homestead] Disappointed in Obama

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Disappointed in Obama
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 15:17:18 -0400

> For a change, he really, really should have chosen Hillary. That would
> have solved all of his problems, but he couldn't seem to get past his
> political pride. With her, he would get the experience and he would still
> be able to tout change and a different way of thinking. I would have taken
> him more seriously, for sure. Americans are ready for something different,
> and Hillary fits the bill more than Joe.

I like Biden, enough, but agree with you that Obama could have been
more creative. Hillary, would not be a choice in my mind as far as
experience or change from the usual. She's got 8 years experience as a
first lady, and some senate experience. That's about it on a national
level. Not much more than Obama. Now to get back that 10% of Hillary
supporters that are not aligning with Obama, it might have been a good
idea.

I signed up for Hillary emails and other that a short acknowledgment
of him winning, it's like here campaign has not come to a close. I
fully expect some funny business out of the Clinton's I still think
they'd like to give McCain his 4 years, put him out to pasture and
then run. Hillary can't wait 8 years to run, she'll have the age
factor against her. Bet Hillary didn't want VP for 8 years, she'd
rather play the don't help Obama too much, say I told you so and then
position for a 2012 run.

I'm starting to get the politics is distasteful feeling and may opt
out here soon and just pop in to vote.

Rob - Va