homestead - Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:17:50 -0500

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> Well, unlike a few folks on this list, I didn't vote for the current White
> House resident. Nor have I ever supported him. Plus, I did warn folks a
> couple of lists exactly what would happen if they elected him. I was proven
> correct.

I didn't vote for Bush. I also was pretty sure what would happen if he
attacked Iraq. I'm sorry to say I was right.

> And, unlike most folks on this list, I've read a large number of Wright's
> sermons AND his speeches inwhich he supports Farrakan and Farrakan's
> speeches.

So then you have to admit that Farrakan is pushing an attitude of
responsibility, right?

> I've also read Obama's *first* book and the one that followed when he
> decided he better write something he hoped would be the only book folks
> would read (he's succeeded pretty good on that front).

Uh-huh. I read that too. I was impressed. But maybe I'm just gullible.

> And, unlike most folks on this list, I've followed Obama since he made the
> speech at the Dem convention.

Oh gosh. I've been following him since long before that when others I
know started telling me about this terrific guy in Chicago. He was
amazing in getting everyone to love video of prisoner interrogations,
and despite initial opposition from just about everyone, it is now
Illinois law. That may not be a priority for you, but in Illinois
where we've had more than a dozen death row inmates shown to be
innocent as accused, it's a big deal.

> And I absolutely know for a fact that I *was* an Obama supporter before
> anyone else on this list knew he existed. AFTER I did my homework, I
> changed my mind. I don't do, like a large % of the population, don't
> confuse me with the facts because I've made up my mind and refuse to change
> it no matter how much evidence folks come up to the contrary.

Sorry, but I voted for him twice before you jumped on his bandwagon.

> I'd say that your second to last sentence is very true about folks and
> Obama. They like those pretty speeches and the supposed "change" when
> infact all they are getting is parts of speeches other folks made clear back
> in the 90s.

We all build on the words and works of those who went before us. I
don't see him doing worse than anyone else.

Marie