homestead - Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:48:14 -0500

On Apr 26, 2008, at 12:43 AM, DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

As always entertaining, but he didn't ask him whether he meant the
statements widely seen in the
media or for an explanation. Just provided a platform.

I did not see the interview on television. I don't do TV down here in the hollow. But I did read the full transcript. Just as many Americans, I think about thirty percent, still believe there were weapons of mass destruction, there are a large number who will always remember the out-of-context quotes. They will not be open to knowing that the most extreme was in fact a quote from a white US ambassador. And they certainly will not read the transcript. Sad to say, many people don't want the truth, they want their position corroborated. Repeat anything long enough and it becomes the truth to those who do not think.