homestead - Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Jeremiah Wright talks to Bill Moyers
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:50:22 -0800

Well, unlike a few folks on this list, I didn't vote for the current White House resident. Nor have I ever supported him. Plus, I did warn folks a couple of lists exactly what would happen if they elected him. I was proven correct.

And, unlike most folks on this list, I've read a large number of Wright's sermons AND his speeches inwhich he supports Farrakan and Farrakan's speeches.

I've also read Obama's *first* book and the one that followed when he decided he better write something he hoped would be the only book folks would read (he's succeeded pretty good on that front).

And, unlike most folks on this list, I've followed Obama since he made the speech at the Dem convention.

Also, unlike most of the folks on this list, I've looked up his associates and his excuses for association with them and *attempts* to disassociate himself from them.

I've also followed the dots that spell "race baiting."

And I absolutely know for a fact that I *was* an Obama supporter before anyone else on this list knew he existed. AFTER I did my homework, I changed my mind. I don't do, like a large % of the population, don't confuse me with the facts because I've made up my mind and refuse to change it no matter how much evidence folks come up to the contrary.

I'd say that your second to last sentence is very true about folks and Obama. They like those pretty speeches and the supposed "change" when infact all they are getting is parts of speeches other folks made clear back in the 90s.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

I guess one sees what one wants to see. Those statements were
presented in context, and it was clear, at least to me, why Wright
gave that sermon after 9/11. Wright even provided the Biblical
context.

I'm sure that about 30 percent of the public will never be swayed from
what they want to believe, no matter what. That's about the percentage
that still supports everything that our glorious leader is doing.