homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:45:01 -0800

I'm confused. Not a new condition but hey, so be it <g>

anaity: "total lack of meaning or ideas" "frivolity"

Wanting someone who isn't what Teflon Obama "is" is anaine?

It is pickiness because he is *finally* being called on the things he says and does. Start back at the beginning when he said he was the only person to not vote for the war. Lie. Then he does a dance saying he meant he was out there saying he was against the war from the beginning. Lie. He was quoted in an interview in 2004 saying he agreed with Bush.

No one is being "picky," they are simply, FINALLY, holding him to the same standard which hasn't been happening anywhere else.

It seems to me that you'd like us to "settle" because some people think he's marvelous.

How about if we hope for a true leader who speaks the truth AND what s/he is saying is what we want to hear. How about if we hope for a true leader who is someone who is not a professional politician.

And, you may not have been looking for a semanticist, but that *was* Teflon Obama schtick originally. He just got a little carried away with his "you can't touch this" ego and finally said something that was closer to the *real* Obama and folks got to see behind the mask.

Everyone needs to read his *first* book. Not the book that he wrote to CYA when he made his decision to start looking for the big political future. You need to read "Dreams From My Father" and then consider how and when he wrote "Audacity of Hope."

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

First we had political correctness. Sorry, I refuse. Now we have,
apparently a need for political perfection. Well, after the last seven
years I can understand the frustration. What I cannot understand is
how otherwise intelligent people can get so sucked into inanity. If we
keep up this extreme pickiness and polarization we will never recover
a semblance of our greatness. How can we hope for a true leader if he/
she must not feel the freedom to speak as they honestly feel?

I am not looking for a semanticist. I am looking for someone who is
able to bring us together. I am seriously wondering if we will allow
such a thing.