homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:51:32 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

First we had political correctness. Sorry, I refuse. Now we have, apparently a need for political perfection. Well, after the last seven years I can understand the frustration. What I cannot understand is how otherwise intelligent people can get so sucked into inanity. If we keep up this extreme pickiness and polarization we will never recover a semblance of our greatness. How can we hope for a true leader if he/ she must not feel the freedom to speak as they honestly feel?

I am not looking for a semanticist. I am looking for someone who is able to bring us together. I am seriously wondering if we will allow such a thing.

They say, Gene, that if Jesus Christ was the Messiah, and he appeared again today as the Son of God, the Savior of Mankind, that no one would believe him. I think that's accurate.

Pickiness?
You are right, we will never find the 'perfect' President-everyone has faults, but up until very recently, anytime someone pointed out a fault in Sen. Obama, someone else made an excuse for him, like he was a golden child that needed protection. I just don't hold him as sacred as some do, that is all. I see Barack and Hillary in the same light. I see McCain in a different light, but that's not a better light from my perspective. If I am ruffling too many feathers and you want me to play nice to our future President(s)..(that's plural because both Hillary and Barack are young and will see many more elections..if not now...<g>), I will, but Gene, I have to tell you that I think the guy is a false prophet of sorts. That's not polarization, that's just my opinion. I'm not following the homestead party line on this one....I'm marching to the beat of a different drummer, and I think the guy is full of hope and promise and naivety that he can't deliver on...I'm sure he is a nice, decent human being, but in today's world, that doesn't make a great President.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky