homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:58:12 -0800

O.K., my question is how does anyone expect the troops to be pulled out when we already built military bases there! Yes, Kidlet #5 was there last year and bases were being built. Two to be exact, if I remember correctly.

And, if one goes to the trouble of reading all the old bills that went through Congress and details of the budget, you will find the money that was ear marked for those bases.

If we have bases, we will have troops.

And, you are correct, Bev. That wars goes on and on and on and will never stop anymore than the trouble with Korea has ever stopped.

Doubt I'll vote for McCain, but McCain or no McCain, I think we better
get used to having a large military presence in the ME. This conflict
surely won't end when the troops come home. They'll go back, perhaps to
Pakistan or Iran or Yemen, but bet on it, they'll go back. This is a
war that my grandchildren will inherit, one way or another.

Bev, saddened by it all.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky