homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 11:35:48 -0800

He has spoken badly on any number of occasions but no one takes him on without getting beat up over it in the past.

He has routinely lied about his past. He has screwed up the names of the tribes in the Middle East. He has said he will only remove two whatevers from Iraq and move them to Afghanistan as "that is where the war should be." (which kinda sounds to me like he plans on being there for a long time too).

The list is LONG!

The man is NOT about change. He makes a good speech and that's the end of that.

We have NO choices this time around! We don't even have a lesser of three evils. We MIGHT have a not so dangerous evil we know but I'm not even betting on that.

Ya know, I got an e-mail a year ago from someone I knew on an old list. Back in '97 or '98 I made this prediction about Dumbya. He wrote to tell me he remembered my predictions and that I'd been right. "It is something I have never forgotten. I did not want to talk about in on the group because its politics. You warned people about Mr
Bush, before he was elected. I took that on board, and you were damn right. What a mess."

Well, we'll see if I'm right when I make a prediction this time. Y'all can beat me up in 2013 if I'm wrong <g>

1) McCain as president = WWIII, + severe Recession or Depression

2) Teflon as president = more unrest in the Middle East, a Depression AND more White House handouts to religious organizations. IE: from a "white" theocracy to a "black" theocracy.

3) Hillary as president = status quo or *perhaps* a slight upswing in economics.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

And, on the other hand, you can support John McCain and a hundred
years of occupation in the Middle East. While Obama may have spoken
badly in this instance, he's got a brain that is reactive to events
around him.