homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:26:48 -0500

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 11:52 AM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Doubt I'll vote for McCain, but McCain or no McCain, I think we better
> get used to having a large military presence in the ME. This conflict
> surely won't end when the troops come home. They'll go back, perhaps to
> Pakistan or Iran or Yemen, but bet on it, they'll go back. This is a
> war that my grandchildren will inherit, one way or another.

We don't need to have a large military presence there, and it sure
won't be for a hundred years. The oil will run out long before that
and the desert kingdoms will be able to go back to what they were
doing a thousand years ago.

I have no hope that either Hillary or McCain will figure out how to
end the age of oil. Obama might not be able to do it either, but I
think he has a clue that it needs doing.

Marie