homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama fans, what say ye?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:17:16 -0500

On Apr 13, 2008, at 8:51 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

If I am ruffling too many feathers and you want me to
play nice to our future President(s)..(that's plural because both
Hillary and Barack are young and will see many more elections..if not
now...<g>), I will, but Gene, I have to tell you that I think the guy is
a false prophet of sorts.

Never stop saying what you believe to be true.

My take is that this is a very serious election for us. We have myriad serious issues that must be handled, and the next president is inheriting a big load of, um, challenges.

So I will make a personal effort to stay above the media circus chatter. It seems to me that there would not be such a circus if the audience were not so appreciative of the antics of the many who now have the freedom and the power to write anything they like. So be it. We fell for it twice and have the last seven years of mistakes as reward for how we responded.