homestead - Re: [Homestead] Beer for my Horses

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Beer for my Horses
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 21:15:25 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

The shoulders of the roadway were specifically widened for the buggy drivers.
Most roads are wide enough for a buggy, Gene... :-) Are you sure these shoulders weren't widened so that cars could go at their accustomed pace while the buggies used the road?

Susan Jane, who has been riding in buggies since she was a tad (but prefers not to anymore if she has to go on a road that cars travel, for the very reason Gene mentioned earlier).