homestead - Re: [Homestead] Beer for my Horses

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Beer for my Horses
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 19:07:23 -0500

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 6:47 PM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> Gloria, I'd be very much interested in how this is in your area:
>
> We have a forecart and utility wagon which serves as a buckboard, even to
> the
> point of having DOT approved lights and brakes. ...Cars and trucks tear
> along it at riduculous speeds
> with no heed at what might be around the next bend or over the next rise.

That's an American thing, I think. The road in front of my house is
about half a mile long (cars have to turn onto it at the bottom of the
hill) yet they still rip by as fast they can achieve, all going from
zero to speed in about an eighth of a mile uphill. I can hardly wait
for $4 gas. Yes, I commute, but I still have lots of slack. For one
thing I can -- and if I were a good citizen I would now -- carpool.

Marie, where we have freaking sleet