homestead - Re: [Homestead] Beer for my Horses

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Beer for my Horses
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 21:03:38 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:
.During the last forty miles or so on up to Springfield, Missouri from Heartwood along Highway 60 there are many Amish farms. It is common to see their horse buggies rolling along the edge of the highway. The highway department has even widened the shoulder area to accommodate them.

The shoulders have been widened to accommodate whom? I submit that they were very likely widened to accommodate the motored vehicles........it's not all THAT much fun to drive a buggy on the shoulder to begin with......

Susan Jane, who has driven a buggy her share of miles on the shoulders (and in the ditches) of roads.....