homestead - Re: [Homestead] Amish on the roads was: Beer for my Horses

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Amish on the roads was: Beer for my Horses
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 21:00:19 -0500

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net> typed:
> get there they must navigate some narrow roads and there are many accidents.
> His son operated a shop just west of town near a sharp curve, He says that
> there have been several horses hit there by speeding drivers.

The Amish get wiped out by this and that. Some weeks ago I had an
Amish family here getting some dairy equipment. Herself and I got into
conversation -- she was consoling me over the lost of my husband --
and she told me about several Amish families that had been devastated
when the husbands had been killed in a van accident. Life isn't easy
anywhere, but what a disaster for a close knit community.

Marie