homestead - Re: [Homestead] Beer for my Horses

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Beer for my Horses
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:08:57 -0500

On Apr 12, 2008, at 8:03 PM, SJC wrote:

Gene GeRue wrote:
.During the last forty miles or so on up to Springfield, Missouri from
Heartwood along Highway 60 there are many Amish farms. It is common to
see their horse buggies rolling along the edge of the highway. The
highway department has even widened the shoulder area to accommodate
them.

The shoulders have been widened to accommodate whom? I submit that they
were very likely widened to accommodate the motored vehicles........it's
not all THAT much fun to drive a buggy on the shoulder to begin with......

The shoulders of the roadway were specifically widened for the buggy drivers.