homestead - Re: [Homestead] A New Addition to the House

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A New Addition to the House
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:46:04 -0700

On Feb 27, 2008, at 7:17 PM, Jerry W. Shepperd wrote:

This past weekend, we finished adding a somewhat, although not
completely Green-friendly 16x24 room on the back of our house. . . .

Anyway, we spent a lot of hours planning the addition, looking and
agonizing over a variety of options, then worked nights and weekends
since Thanksgiving getting it done. I finished up this past weekend
by putting rain gutters on it and sowing grass on the bare spots. I
think it looks pretty good, and the fact that it is now finished,
makes me feel positively wonderful about it.

Congratulations, Jerry. That has to feel mighty good.

Don and I have a similar-size project planned for this summer. We would welcome your advice and help. I will teach you what I know about stone masonry.