homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tools for homesteading

  • From: keith bellinger <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tools for homesteading
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:44:52 -0500

Robert Walton wrote:

I think that general tools are important also. I need an old hand
crank drill. I'm sometimes amazed that people have power tools and no
hand tools at all.

Yeah, I like the "egg-beater drills" and have several sizes including a big one you can lean on, along with a couple push drills. But they are used mostly for metal work. Braces are for wood and nothing cuts a better hole through wood. I use mine for tapping trees.