homestead - Re: [Homestead] A New Addition to the House

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A New Addition to the House
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:08:22 -0800

Boy do I miss having rain gutters! The snowload immediately becomes moving glaciers and will rip anything off that hangs off the roof.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT austincc.edu>

Anyway, we spent a lot of hours planning the addition, looking and
agonizing over a variety of options, then worked nights and weekends
since Thanksgiving getting it done. I finished up this past weekend
by putting rain gutters on it and sowing grass on the bare spots. I
think it looks pretty good, and the fact that it is now finished,
makes me feel positively wonderful about it.