homestead - Re: [Homestead] Farming Commune?

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Farming Commune?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:23:31 -0400

From: "Gene GeRue"
> You've been calling your own shots for a long time; how will you feel
> when yours is but one of many votes?

Could be a problem. I've made ALL the decisions for a long time; I'm used
to having an idea, doing it, and taking full responsibility for the
outcome. It gets tiresome, but I'm not sure I could let go of that
control. I've had people (mostly my ex) give far less than their best
efforts, and the farm suffered for it, so I have trust issues. I just
filed a complaint against my fence contractor; he's had $10,000 of my
money for 9 weeks and hasn't started my fence yet. IF I can get ahold of
him, I get empty promises and excuses. More reason to Trust No One.

Lisa suggested starting an IC here, and I've thought of that, too. I don't
have room in the house for anyone else (only one bathroom, too) and I hate
the thought of strangers living with me. Yeah, I have to think more about
this. After I wrote that I was looking for a 'family', I remembered why I
moved away from my own family as early as I could! Maybe there's a good
reason I surrounded myself with pasture instead of neighbors.
Hmmm....maybe I'll just become one of those crazy old ladies that lives
alone in the woods.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Peasant Farmer
Tioga County, PA