homestead - Re: [Homestead] A homestead model

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A homestead model
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:27:18 -0500

On 6/20/07, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

Agreed. I believe in magic. That is, what others attribute to magic,
I attribute to the power of the mind, focus and persistence.

Surely you have read of those who responded to placebos because they
believed they were receiving appropriate drugs.

Sure, I believe that belief and will power can push us to get better
and achieve goals that we desire.

But, as with all things mortal, there's a limit. My mother had a knee
replacement in January and worked hard to restore functionality (and
she was doing great). She also had a massive bleed in her brain.

It wasn't something that we expected. In retrospect, it was likely
caused by inflammation from an undefined autoimmune disease that had
waxed and waned (fortunately mostly waned) for the last 30 years.
Inflammation weakens blood vessels.

She certainly wasn't expecting to die just then, but she did.

The whole episode was quite sad, but we were all thinking positively.
In the end, all you can say is that what happens, happens.

Marie