homestead - Re: [Homestead] Farming Commune?

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Farming Commune?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:38:24 -0400

Dang, Gene.......what a beacom or good reason you are! Those reasons are
things i have often pondered, also. We could never live in an IC, after
the solitude and serenity of the spot we found. Best "luck" is that we
moved into the middle of nowhere, and found ourselves in an unintentional
community of like-minded neighbors. I love to cooperate with folk toward
our mutual good living - but like the independence of not being communal
on so many aspects of our lives.
I am fascinated with such communites i find online. Some folk on our
market-farming list live in such places in VA. I'm drawn to their farm
websites regularly to dream vicariously of the business/farm end.....and
all those hard-working hands. Alas, i will remain a solitary vegie
grower and not compromise the solitude and serenity end of the
deal.....and stay a bit overworked ;-) It is big food for thought before
jumping into it.
Thanks again for the time you take presenting your opinions here - we are
enriched by it!
Toni

In other words, do what you know is right. Take your time, do your
due diligence, take more time, investigate on a personal level. What
you are looking for is family.