homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water, was Re: Riot for Austerity! 90% Reduction Emissions Project

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water, was Re: Riot for Austerity! 90% Reduction Emissions Project
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:36:59 -0700

In my case the water and the creeks are more than 2000 feet from the
electrical terminus and I am not inclined to run commercial power down the
mountain side to the gardens.

This is the sort of situation where people are using compressed air. There's no return line, unlike with electricity, so just a single 1/4" air tube is needed, running alongside the water hose.

Bill
S. Oregon coast