homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 19:26:04 -0600

On 11/12/06, Rob <becida AT comcast.net> wrote:

I think private prisons are a big money maker. A growth industry in
our modern USA. I guess if we don't have room for more prisoners we
can contract to build some!

Hiring illegals is even now punished by fines, I believe, when it's
punished at all. It would be insane to punish it with prison time.
We'd have to import foreign workers to serve as prison guards. :)

Marie