homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:52:02 -0600

On 11/12/06, VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com> wrote:
I believe a program allowing temporary work visas
would relieve a lot of the economic pressure that
results in people risking and sometimes losing their
lives to come here and find a job.

I believe that is a part of the president's plan. You're right that we
need temporary workers -- with not as many illegals crossing the
border this year, some crops rotted. We need employer sanctions,
though, and people coming here need to know that they are being
enforced.

Marie