homestead - Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:27:56 -0600

What good will it do when the oil return on investment is 1:1? Are we ready for a time when nuclear power plants are set up to provide power to extract oil?

Which "we," nations or individuals? Give that option to a commuter and it's a no-brainer. Fire up those nukes! Ask any government that relies on a big military and the answer is the same.

Many people feel nuclear power generation is viable. Safety and waste disposal are technology and political challenges. Ways will be found.