homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 14:56:37 -0800

At 11/12/2006 02:21 PM,Marie McHarry wrote:

As for the illegal aliens, I regretfully believe that the time has
come for a tamper-proof ID. That, coupled with severe sanctions for
employers who hire illegals, is the only way to remove the draw of
jobs. No wall on the border is going to do it.

Marie

Be a lot easier to establish the guest worker program.

These people do show up, they do get jobs, they do pay what taxes they have to and they do send money home. Be a lot easier to control the situation by dealing with the reality rather than make everyone stop and show their papers.

Of course this "deal with it as it is" rational hasn't made any headway in the recreational drug 'war' in the last 30 plus years. Doesn't work for the drugs but a LOT of money is made on both sides of the law.
<Shrug>
I don't really expect this problem to be much different.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net