homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:14:14 -0800

We had a lot of cropping rotting out here but it had nothing to do with not having illegals here. Extreme rain during the winter followed by extreme high heats "cooked" the fruits and veggies and they rotted before anyone had picking scheduled. In fact, in whole sections of the West Coast there was no work for pickers.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

I believe that is a part of the president's plan. You're right that we
need temporary workers -- with not as many illegals crossing the
border this year, some crops rotted. We need employer sanctions,
though, and people coming here need to know that they are being
enforced.

Marie