homestead - Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Political question, if I may
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:18:37 -0800

No, hope! The public schools have succeeded and we are now repeating the results.

On another list a woman, mother of 5 (ages 2-10), good devout Christian (God is her guiding light, so she tells us), asked if people could explain why they were happy there had been a change and why they were unhappy with Bush. She also seemed surprised when the conversation went from someone saying something about Bush to the usual "Clinton did it first/just as bad." She had never heard of Ruwanda or Drafur. And asked if we'd explain it all to her.

My question was "do you vote?" No answer. I'm afraid the answer is "yes."

People watch the ads on television and believe them. They don't do their homework. They go in the booth and mark the party line. They do NOT question authority! P.S. has succeeded!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

I am hopeful, although it is an excedingly slim hope, that the Dems assert
their power fully and that we have a Dem president next term, little odds who.

This reminds me so much of discussions (elsewhere) about government schools.
When outlining the harm that schooling does, someone invariably remonstrates
that they know this or that teacher (ususally a relative) who is a good,
dedicated person. So what?! The more dedicated they are to schooling the more
harm they are calling. It isn't that there are bad teachers, the whole notion
is bad.