homestead - Re: [Homestead] What wildlife did you conserve and observe today

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What wildlife did you conserve and observe today
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:18:17 -0500

Lots of wildlife to watch this weekend. Deer, of course - the forests around
here are thick with them and they love to idle in the pasture. Wild turkeys
are also drawn to the pasture, and there were 5 or 6 out in the taller
grass. The red tailed hawks love to ride the updrafts over the valley, so we
had fun watching those against a clear blue sky. A pilleated woodpecker was
after bugs, and was pecking a hole in the garage *grumble* -- have to do
something about that - don't see any signs of termites or other bugs in the
garage siding, but it was after something. Heard the coyote's song, which
drives my dog nuts. :)
Gloria