homestead - Re: [Homestead] Missouri Design for Conservation

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Missouri Design for Conservation
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:25:06 -0700

Gloria Morris wrote:

I am a past member of the Sierra Club. I am not anti-conservation, nor
anti-environment. I was disgusted, though, by the anti-farmer attitude that
I found within that organization.

I'm a moderate environmentalist, but I can't speak for the Sierra Club. I do realize that it's in the best interest of foreign corporations if American production grinds to a halt. When we hear about extreme restrictions that penalize and discourage industry, even the greener ones, you just have to wonder whether politicians have been working for us, or for those who would profit from shutting us down. Having wolves at large in the woods can maybe help to frighten us back to the city.

Bill
S. Oregon coast