homestead - Re: [Homestead] What wildlife did you conserve and observe today

  • From: "Tracy J" <tracy9j AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What wildlife did you conserve and observe today
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 21:31:36 -0500

We have some wild turkeys and there chicks running around in our side pasture. Not sure how or where they winter. The 2 sandhill cranes that we had living in the front pasture have flown the coop this last week. When I went to scatter my mom's ashes into Lake Superior this afternoon, we got a great view of the annual hawk migration. The bears are roaming around quite a lot getting stuffed for their hibernation. The deer are eating the last of our crabapples. Fall really is the best time of year for critter watching. At least up here in the north country.

Tracy Julian
in East North-Central Minnesota
Where it's 72 degrees with warm, very gusty winds from the south at 9 pm.