homestead - Re: [Homestead] marketing

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] marketing
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:12:15 -0400

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

Even in our rural county, there are 42,000 people, and they all eat.
We raise fresh, tasty, nutritious food. There's GOT to be a better way to make the connection!

Wow, your county is bigger than mine!
I like the idea of setting up near doctor's offices and hospitals, and
perhaps getting free advertisement/co-operation from those businesses.
Consistency is the key....if people know you are there on the 2nd and
the 16th of the month, rain or shine,they will most likely make the trip
and remember to shop with you instead of the more convenient grocery store.
I think I might do some yahoo group searches,,,,look for local or
semi-local weight watchers, heart healthy, exercise type groups, and put
an add out through the moderators of those groups letting people know
that you are in business and can offer a healthy alternative to
store-bought food. Bike clubs, walking clubs, BARF clubs for dogs,
vets, etc....people feed their dogs often better than they feed
themselves.(I am thinking BARF customers for the eggs-a bulk sale)
Also, when you set up, make some signs in Spanish.....

Bev

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W