homestead - Re: [Homestead] marketing

  • From: WILLIAM <billymegab AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] marketing
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:24:03 -0700 (PDT)

Junk Faxes should be illegal and if not they are not now in all likelyhood
soon will be. Anyway, most places just stack them and place them in the
recycling bin without ever reading them

Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw AT chilitech.net> wrote: From: "Tim Oppenheim"
> In the realm of cheap effective marketing I think the fax is a great
> tool. Be consistent in your message and offering. Tell people where
> you will be ( farmers market or roadside ) Build an audience. Lynn
> look on eBay and buy complementary wholesale items that you can mark
> up and sell while your are waiting http://bnfusa.com is the source of
> all the Maxam brand knives and gadgets you see on Ebay. The markup is
> phenomenal .

Isn't there a Junk-fax law that makes unsolicited faxes illegal? We have
put up advertising
fliers everywhere there is a public bulletin board and given them to
people to put up in their offices and businesses.

I also don't buy and sell other stuff...our farmers' market is producer
only; if you don't raise it or make, it, you can't sell it.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Cowbridge Farm

http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/billymegab%40yahoo.com

---------------------------------
Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1ยข/min with Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.
>From erthnsky AT bellsouth.net Tue Jun 27 14:26:22 2006
by imf16aec.mail.bellsouth.net with ESMTP id

<20060627182621.PPY29290.imf16aec.mail.bellsouth.net AT ibm56aec.bellsouth.net>
for <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>; Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:26:21 -0400
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:28:05 -0400
From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: [Homestead] Fiberglass fishing rod repair

Not too long ago, I inherited a fiberglass fishing rod that was made in
the late 1950's early 1960's. I know it is not worth much from talking
to a guy online about such things, but it has great sentimental value.
He told me to throw the rod away-not an option. The string guides need
to be redone and I know you need something akin to a lathe to hold the
rod to re-string-reattach the guides to the rod. A regular lathe won't
work, I don't think, due to the asymmetry of the rod, and the relative
slow speeds needed to wrap the line compared to wood working speeds.
I've read about people converting sewing machine motors for this use,
but I think that is beyond my ability, and besides, I only have this one
rod to repair. I am thinking of using some type of resin epoxy to glue
on the guides. Do you think this would hold up? Also, what is the
likelihood that the fiberglass itself is weak due to wear and UV damage
after such a long time. The rod was stored in a dark garage. I read
online that it might be possible to sand and varnish the rod. This is a
heavier, baitcasting, 6 foot rod like one would use in river fishing or
for trolling. I will not throw the rod away, and I will not send it off
somewhere to be repaired. No one in my area does these types of repairs
anyway. As Truitt Cathy said (the founder of Chik-fil-A), "If it is to
be, it is up to me". I just need to know whether or not my ideas will
work to make the rod useable. I'd hate to fix it, and then end up
breaking it if I try to use it. I am not opposed to keeping it in the
rod rack on display, but I would like to use it at least once before I
retire it and bequeath it to my son.
I cleaned the reel and put it temporarily on another rod-it works great,
btw. (Penn baitcasting type)
Advice appreciated....

Bev
--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W