homestead - Re: [Homestead] marketing

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw AT chilitech.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] marketing
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:44:22 -0400

From: "Tim Oppenheim" <timopp AT mac.com>
> In the realm of cheap effective marketing I think the fax is a great
> tool. Be consistent in your message and offering. Tell people where
> you will be ( farmers market or roadside ) Build an audience. Lynn
> look on eBay and buy complementary wholesale items that you can mark
> up and sell while your are waiting http://bnfusa.com is the source of
> all the Maxam brand knives and gadgets you see on Ebay. The markup is
> phenomenal .

Isn't there a Junk-fax law that makes unsolicited faxes illegal? We have
put up advertising
fliers everywhere there is a public bulletin board and given them to
people to put up in their offices and businesses.

I also don't buy and sell other stuff...our farmers' market is producer
only; if you don't raise it or make, it, you can't sell it.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Cowbridge Farm