homestead - [Homestead] Selling was: Harpie visit

  • From: Tim Oppenheim <timopp AT mac.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Selling was: Harpie visit
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:58:41 -0500

Lynn,

You are selling a premium product to a discerning clientele...so all you have to do is find the discerning clientele . : ) Even in the most rural places there is always somebody. Start with Doctors and Bankers .Call, ask for fax numbers ( if you don't like to call on people personally ) Make a flyer of your products and fax ( use eFax if you have to or Winfax and your modem) to your most likely targets. Charge a premium, explain the benefits, say your products will be available for inspection at their location ( or a neutral location, or a particular day at the farmers market ) Have a fax back order form or a not interested check box. Show up at the appointed space, look the part of the hippy, organic, super farmer. Have change or take checks. Make sure you enclose another order form or your card with all orders and keep going.

Keeps expanding your target list. Always ask your customers if they know anyone that would be interested in the worlds best produce. Don't sell, educate your customers on the benefits of local organic produce. Repetition is key, keep faxing and getting the message out. You want the crowd to gather before you ever get there. Think and be premium always ( give no questions asked refunds, don't offer junk, never compete price wise with the grocery stores) Always remember that your greatest asset is your customer list. Start with one and keep building.

I hope that helps

Tim