homestead - Re: [Homestead] Organic and us

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Organic and us
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 17:41:52 -0500

None the less, if compost were to be had for sale, I'd buy it. It's a better
place to invest money than anything I can think of.

Many municipalities have compost for sale. They collect yard waste, chipped tree trimmings, zoo poo, etc., and compost it in huge, long rows, turning it with large equipment. What I do not know of is a measuring system to determine quality and nutrient percentages. Personally, I would not want compost made of yard waste.

Example:
http://www.recycle.cc/res-compostprods.htm

Most large horse operations have far more manure and bedding waste than they can use. Some have recognized the business opportunity.

Example:
http://www.newhorse.com/page/horsesales/b.512.g.42.html