homestead - Re: [Homestead] Organic and us

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Organic and us
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 19:37:21 -0400

Lynda wrote:
One of the reasons we choose where we did when we bought this place was because you can't get here from there. With "there" being about anywhere else in the world! The valley is or can be completely self-contained. Almost everyone here is self-sufficient!

I chose the same kind of valley for similar reasons...

Hey, don't knock the ranch dressing <g> We love it but not at the salad bar. Homemade, organic of course <g> Just slap some buttermilk and mayo together (1/2 and 1/2). Add a little pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, a dab of celery salt and some dill. Whisk it together, set it in the fridge to meld and voila you have ranch dressing!

Oh yeah, I love it, too.

Bev

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W