homestead - Re: [Homestead] Would that be the direct line marked gold?

  • From: "lkvp" <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Would that be the direct line marked gold?
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:59:15 -0400

From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:23:16 -0500

>>First, I'd ask this: to anyone, actually. What has the federal government
>>done under Bush that has *directly* affected your life?

Gene said it well.

The environment in general is less protected and less clean overall and this
effects every living being on the planet now and into the future. Pres. Bush
has rolled back environmental regulations by approximately 30 years.

As a mortgage broker, for the last two+ years I've filled out an extra form
entitled USA Patriot Act Section 326 and must take a photo copy of the
applicant's license. I write information on the form from the license. It's
the same for any financial institution, whether you make a large deposit or
apply for a loan. Every time I use this form I am reminded of the Patriot
Act and it makes me cringe. As with the rest of the mortgage forms, I
explain what the form is and what it's for, and an interesting conversation
always happens regardless of the person's political affiliation or ideology.

Lisa