homestead - Re: [Homestead] Would that be the direct line marked gold?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Would that be the direct line marked gold?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:41:12 EDT

> Hmmm. James, are you in the 26 percent of the US population that strongly
> supports the president?

No. I was a moderate supporter at best and that's very much worn away to
nothing by now. I fully expect Bush to pull of a mask at some point, like in
the
movies, and it was really Clinton there all along. Then Clinton pulls off
the mask and it was Bush Sr. all along.

Just because I don't support him doesn't mean that the 'Bush talks to God'
isn't incredibly beside the point and in fact something that would be
dismissed
out of hand were it not for a strong and mindless bias in another 26% of the
population that anything, no matter how far fetched, immaterial, unlikely,
and
beside the point, that seems in some way to impune Bush is Gospel and of the
utmost importance.

What next? A major news release that Bush went through the express checkout
with more than 12 items?

A quarter of the people mindlessly support Bush and a quarter (or more) of
the people would find fault with Bush if he single handedly rescued a bus
load
of nuns and discovered a cure for cancer.

Doesn't bode well.

We are headed for deep economic do-do no matter who's president, who's
appointed to the supreme court, who botches natural disaster relief and who
we are
at war with. Maybe it's best most people's minds are off it.