homestead - Re: [Homestead] Would that be the direct line marked gold?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Would that be the direct line marked gold?
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:20:01 -0500

Many of us who are not trying to whistle past the graveyard have applied cold logic to the question.

Seems to me you are simply naive about the economy. If this post is an example of your cold logic, you are wasting your time on me. Inflation is inevitable. Humans strive to do better than others. This pushes prices or wages. Many pensions and certainly all stock profits derive from the system that provides capital, a necessary ingredient in any healthy industrial economy. Those who receive Social Security have achieved that reward by being productive for many years, now stepping down to let others have their chance.

Logically the only
thing that can happen is that the price goes up.

Prices will always rise unless there is a depression. It is inevitable. It is the result of human nature acting in a capitalistic system.

James, I'm sorry, but the rest of your post is gibberish to my mind. It would be a waste of my time to try to decipher it and try to respond in a responsible manner. Let's just agree to disagree.