homestead - Re: [Homestead] Would that be the direct line marked gold?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Would that be the direct line marked gold?
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:47:22 EDT

> You are pushing against water.
>
> Perhaps. But I am trying. What are you doing?

It appears, Gene, that the only acceptable answer to the 'question' is a
based on a belief that if only evil, evil Bush were not in the White House,
then
there would be plenty of gas for everyone, we coudl keep on selling huge
cavernous houses forever, and when in a very few years the retiring baby
boomers
outnumber those entering the workforce by 30 million, we can just keep
writing SS
checks.

That is, what's the solution to us continuing to live in overly large
houses,. commuting hundreds of miles, and expecting the rest of the world to
supports
us for a third of our lifetimes.

What I am saying is that there isn't an answer to that.

That's why my answers don't make any sense to you. You are convinced that
there HAS to be a way we can keep living in the opulent manner we have
adopted
for the past three or four decades. What's the basis for believing that
other
than just wanting it to be true and unable to face the alternatives.