homestead - Re: [Homestead] Would that be the direct line marked gold?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Would that be the direct line marked gold?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:24:44 EDT

> I've not seen that. What's your source? I did see where his press secretary
> said that he didn't say it.

With a few exceptions presidents make statements through their spokespersons
when they don't feel the comment merits their direct attention. Else
presidents would get little else done but making statements.

What you have is that bastion of credibility and fairness in dealing with
conservitive America, the BBC, reporting what the equally credible and
reliable
Palestinian ministers had to say about what was told to them in a private
conversation.

This is our criterion for credibility? If this had been a liberal, there
would be a rending of garments and heaping of ashes decrying that there was
no
proof it ever took place. That's why it qualifies as just the next round of
mindless Bush bashing.

> In this case we have two high-level officials who met with Bush as the
> source. Direct from them to the reporter.

In this case you have two ministers from a government of thuggery whose
comments are reported by an outfit that routinely reports third and fourth
hand
information as if it were fact -- such as the Downing Street memos.

>I just typed "Bush talks to god" in Google and 5,240,000 hits.

I just typed in 'Bush denies talks to god' and got 1,630,000 hits. I also
typed in 'Gene Gerue Nun' and got about a dozen hits. Are we not to lend
credibility to a rumor that you are about to take the vows?

> Quite frankly I really don't give a damn whether he said those words or
> not. He has been open about his born-again status. It is one of the
> precious few things he has not been duplicitous about. He should wear
> little gold telephones on his shoulders. Would really appeal to the base.
>
> What you call Bush bashing I call a citizen's duty.

It's Bush bashing because the real harm Mr. Bush is doing goes all but
unnoticed (becasue Willie was doing the same thing). By keeping the crowds
in the
Colosseum amused with spectacles such as 'Bush talks to God' in a Zephod
Beeblebroz manner, the things that actuall matter are entirely ignored.