homestead - Re: [Homestead] Would that be the direct line marked gold?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Would that be the direct line marked gold?
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 01:48:23 -0500

<<[Bush] has hurt so many people and hurt our country so very
badly, but still, I feel sorry for him.>>

Whenever I feel myself drifting toward sympathy, I buck up and remember the
advantages he had in education and preferment throughout his life. That
dries up any sympathy I might otherwise have had.

Like the serial killer who uses the fact that he was abused as a child as a
defense for murdering dozens, GWB may have reasons for doing what he's done
(and continues to do), but he still has willfully done some really bad
things.

Of course, we have only to look at his mother to see he had some mighty bad
influences as he grew up.

Marie