homestead - [Homestead] Tvo

  • From: Lee Flier <lflier AT mindspring.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Tvo
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 22:22:23 -0400

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that I had been trying to reach Tvo and/or his daughter for the past month or so, since he hasn't posted here in awhile. His daughter finally answered the phone today, and she told me that Tvo passed away on March 15.

She was very glad that I called, as apparently Tvo had been having computer problems again near the end and was very upset that he couldn't get back online and say goodbye to all of us. She said also that I should say a very special farewell to Gene GeRue.

All of his children were with him at the end, having flown in from all the various places they live now. I told his daughter how much we had all loved her father and what an incredible person he was. She said that as soon as she's able to get online again, she intends to join this list. So hopefully, we have that to look forward to.

It's hard to know what to say - I know Tvo lived more than most people would in 20 lifetimes, but I still feel so cheated by his loss. He still seemed like he had so much left to do and how many guys like him does one ever run into, who have such an incredible wealth of knowledge to share? Still though, it's an amazing thing that he was able to share so much with us through the Internet, and if it wasn't for that so many of us wouldn't have known him at all. Thanks, "Our Leader," for being part of our lives.

Lee