homestead - RE: [Homestead] How did you make the break?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] How did you make the break?
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 20:40:58 -0500

<<4. Find old trailer and get it moved to the site that will already have
the
electric pole, septic and well. (Or get old house in shape to live in; a
several month project).>>

I think you might want to get an old trailer to live in whether you are
working on the house or not. If you're living 2 hours away, all the work
will go much more slowly. Good idea to get the electric, septic and well
before you do anything else, though.

Since you're saying "we" I assume you have some family. How will they be
about roughing it? Also, do you have a reliable source of funds to carry you
through the development stage? There's nothing more discouraging than having
plenty of time but no money for necessary projects.

Marie