homestead - Re: [Homestead] How did you make the break?

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How did you make the break?
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 07:46:02 -0400

Thanks for the posts. Great information. Several people have told me to get a pole building rather than the trailer. Make a barn with an apartment.

Rob

Just thought of something else...

Things that won't hurt if you can find them at garage sales or auctions (I never went to an auction until after I was in MN, that's a place to find some deals!).

Garden hose, you can't have too much garden hose. As I was leaving a farm auction (I'd had enough fun..) before it was over I noticed a pile of used garden hose. I stopped and went back, ended up getting it all for like a dollar, with that I could drag a hose out to the way back...
Extension cords.
Buckets
Electrical supplies (light switches - wall plugs - wire nuts - wire), fasteners (screws, nails, bolts, etc farm auctions are good for these), and a vice for mounting on your bench (the power of a third hand).

Last but not least a battery operated drill (has to come with a spare battery) and a collection of dry wall screws.

Rob in WA (now)